This Project Generates Power Using Wind and Sells the Power Generated to the State Grid
The project includes a new facility with the purpose of generating electricity by utilizing wind power and further selling the generated energy to the NEWNE Grid, the state grid of Maharashtra, India.
The project activity involves the installation and maintenance of Wind Turbines. The total installed capacity of the project is 80 MW. The power produced displaces an equivalent amount of power from the grid, which is fed mainly by fossil fuel fired power plants. Hence, it results in reduction of Greenhouse Gas (“GHG”) emissions of 136,936 tonnes of CO2 per year.
The project has the following positive impacts:
- Reduction of the demand-supply gap of electricity in the region
- Encouragement of further development of more renewable energy projects
- Generation of employment opportunities during the construction and operation of the project
Each credit that you purchase will support the maintenance of the project operation and will allow more and more people enjoy the benefits of sustainably produced renewable energy, including you.
For more info about this project, please contact us.
|Annual Emission Reduction:
Carbon Credit Capital will only consider a carbon offset project if it clearly meets the following requirements:
- Real: an offset must represent real emissions reductions that have already occurred (i.e. the reduction is not projected to occur in the future)
- Additional: an offset must represent emission reductions that are in addition to what would have occurred otherwise in a business-as-usual scenario
- Permanent: an offset must represent emission reductions that are non-reversible or must be sequestered for 100-years or more
- Verifiable: sufficient data quantity and quality must be available to ensure emission reductions can be verified by an independent third party auditor (verifier) in accordance with an established protocol
- Quantifiable: emission reductions represented by offsets must be reliably measured or estimated, and must be capable of being quantified
- Enforceable: offset ownership is undisputed and enforcement mechanisms exist to ensure that all program rules are followed
You will obtain a certificate and a receipt of your purchase. You will become a member of our Carbon Credit Club automatically. The Credit Club aims to get more people moving towards to a low-carbon society and gives you recognition for doing so.
We will retire (remove from circulation) the voluntary credits that you purchase in your name. You will get a notification of the carbon credit retirement from us at the end of the financial quarter, which serves as proof of the transaction.
Share with your family, friends and people around you. Let everyone know that you are making a difference!