Carbon Neutral Domestic Travel
This carbon-credit package helps you eliminate the carbon pollution of your domestic vacations. We have analyzed a variety of 15 different trips, and determined the impact of driving, flying, and sight seeing attractions near you, in your home country. Travel is a major contributor to climate change, but it doesn’t have to be.
Domestic Vacation Carbon Footprint
Local, domestic vacation is not as harmful to the environment as international travel, however, it does have a negative climate impact. Your flights, travel, local hotel and food consumption may be necessary on vacation, but they are also are common sources of greenhouse gases. The average carbon emissions of a domestic 7-day vacation are about 2 metric tons of Carbon Dioxide equivalent.
The unfortunately reality: every time we decide to travel we are contributing to climate change.
Thankfully you can buy carbon offsets you balance your negative impacts with positive ones.
Other than biking and walking, travel contributes to climate change. However, that doesn’t mean you need to give travel up. Companies who provide transportation services need to take responsibility for the negative impacts left behind.
But that doesn’t mean you have to wait. We are making it easy to reduce the carbon footprint of travel with a few clicks. Most airlines only allow you to offset your flights. In contrast, this package allows you to offset your whole journey – (we’ve got them beat on price too).
Be a truly environmentally conscious traveler!
Every time you buy one of our offset packages you help develop a project that protects the environment. The projects we support also provide key economic, social, and health benefits to local communities. The more you manage your own carbon footprint through our products, you help to boost an inclusive economy globally.
Traveling internationally? Check out our Long-Distance International Vacation offset package.
||EKI Wind Power Project in India
||Support wind power for electricity generation
|Credit Unit Price:
We curate our portfolio of carefully selected carbon offset projects spread across the globe to not only offer the most highly scrutinized, thoroughly verified offsets, but also to do the most good to the local communities in which each project is implemented. Whether a project provides financial benefits to local communities who gain full employment through our forestry project in Brazil; or providing free renewable energy to impoverished farmers in China, you can be sure to find credits that do more than just mitigate carbon emissions, but that also provide better lives to people who deserve it most.
Carbon Credit Capital will only consider a carbon offset project if it clearly meets the following requirements:
- Real: an offset must represent real emissions reductions that have already occurred (i.e. the reduction is not projected to occur in the future)
- Additional: an offset must represent emission reductions that are in addition to what would have occurred otherwise in a business-as-usual scenario
- Permanent: an offset must represent emission reductions that are non-reversible or must be sequestered for 100-years or more
- Verifiable: sufficient data quantity and quality must be available to ensure emission reductions can be verified by an independent third party auditor (verifier) in accordance with an established protocol
- Quantifiable: emission reductions represented by offsets must be reliably measured or estimated, and must be capable of being quantified
- Enforceable: offset ownership is undisputed and enforcement mechanisms exist to ensure that all program rules are followed
You will obtain a certificate and a receipt of your purchase. You will become a member of our Carbon Credit Club automatically. The Credit Club aims to get more people moving towards to a low-carbon society and gives you recognition for doing so.
We will retire (remove from circulation) the voluntary credits that you purchase in your name. You will get a notification of the carbon credit retirement from us at the end of the financial quarter, which serves as proof of the transaction.
Share with your family, friends and people around you. Let everyone know that you are making a difference!